Carrera Podium TD01 Air Disc - 2019 Road Bike
Availability: Out of stock
CARRERA TD01 AIR DISC
TD01 AIR DISC sits in the mid price point of the Carrera Podium bike range. Designed to be a competive bike while still using some of the same technologies as the Aero Race bikes. Comfort and performance ensure the TD01 AIR DISC is suitable for many types of riders.
TD01 AIR DISC - DESIGN
The TD01Air frame is made of high modulus carbon fibers suitably positioned to make the structure reactive and stable, able to face the complex road dynamics. The 60T and 40T carbon, in fact, is used at the level of the vertices of the front triangle, making these areas more resistant to stress and loads to which they are subject during the march. The Toray T700 22T carbon is instead used in the other parts of the frame to give the entire sector the right balance between stiffness and flexibility. The aerodynamics is based on the Kamm forms, a particular theory that places the "truncated tail" as the best aero solution feasible in real conditions.
These particular sections are very profitable and preclude the use of excess material to create larger surfaces. Therefore, each segment of the front triangle and the seat support support adopt these shapes for an aerodynamic performance of the highest level, while maintaining an overall weight of the contained chassis.
- This bike is fully customized depending on your requirements, choice of components, wheels and different colour options.
- Every bike is built to your specifications and measurements
- Depending on the choice of build pricing is €3199 - €4299
- Price quoted is for bike within the image and spec as per below
- Please contact us for additional information on the various builds
- Please note all bikes are custom build and available to pre-order.
- Bike build time is 10 - 15 days depending on your specification.
- FRAME: Carbon Toray T700
- FORK: F0 888 Carbon 60HM
- ASSEMBLY SYSTEM: Monocoque
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Press Fit 86x41
- REAR DROPOUT: Carbon Integrated
- FRAME WEIGHT: 1,190 grams (size M)
- CABLE PASSAGE: Internal cabling
- WHEELS: Vison Team 30 Disc
- GROUP SET: Ultegra 11V
- TYRES: Vittoria Corsa
- SADDLE: Selle Italia X3
- HANDLE BARS: FSA VERO CT
- STEM: FSA OS168
ABOUT CARRERA PODIUM:
The Carrera-Podium workshop was founded in 1989 by former professional rider and Carrera team manager Davide Boifava. The brand was born from the needs of the Carrera Team and its champions Steven Roche, Claudio Chiappucci and Marco Pantani. The workshop had a unique synergy because the professional team worked from the same building and the team riders were built in product testers. The Carrera bicycle brand has a rich history of over 500 victories in the most demanding road races in Europe. Many firsts were achieved at Podium such as the first frame in which aluminum was joined to carbon and the first custom on size carbon frame made in Italy. They were among the first to build titanium frame for professional racing and the use of ceramical aluminum to improve the comfort of aluminum racing bikes. Carrera is always the leader as evidence in the design of Phibra which is the perfect blend of stiffness and power along with comfort and compliance. Join the Carrera team and you can ride a bicycle of innovative design and ultimate Italian quality.