The STORM CARBON road shoes by NORTHWAVE are real performance pros. Their high-end sole comes with a full carbon insert in the pedal area for best power transfer. The outer fabric with large, open-pore mesh panels ensures maximum breathability.
- Morph Carbon 12 AAS sole with full-carbon insert in the pedal area with a stiffness index of 12.0.
- The exclusive Anatomical Arch Support® made of TPU, allows the shoe to perfectly shape on the bow arch, making it the ideal sole for any type of foot
- NW Speedplay adapter compatible for the lowest stack height between foot and pedal
- The unibody construction matches strategically placed large mesh inserts with ultrathin reinforced materials to deliver unrivalled breathability and targeted stability
- Uber-open-knit mesh ensures even greater airflow
- The asymmetric lacing removes pressure from the top of the foot for the optimum snug fit
- SLW2 dial plus extra strap: the only one with step-by-step and full release in a single button
- Performance Regular footbed provides greater support
- Weight: approx. 297 g (per shoe, size 42)
MORPH CARBON 12AAS:
Direct power transfer and foot arch support for any type of foot. A full carbon layer in the pedal area ensures direct feedback from the pedal, as well as first-class air circulation and minimum weight. The MORPH CARBON 12AAS sole impresses with the exclusive Anatomical Arch Support – a foot arch support made of TPU, integrated between sole and upper to perfectly wrap the shoe around your foot arch. Thus, you can always enjoy best support. TPU reduces unwanted flexibility and is thus the perfect support material for long rides.
ANATOMICAL ARCH SUPPORT:
A technology to prevent inflammation of the tendons or aponeurosis in the bottom of your foot. This TPU foot arch support is sandwiched between the sole and the shoe’s upper. TPU is not as stiff as carbon and thus allows the shoe to adapt to your individual foot arch. This results in best support during sport activities. BIOMAP UNIBODY: A technology consisting of a thermowelded single-shell upper material: This special NORTHWAVE upper material with micro perforations and hot welded, protective inserts eliminates pressure marks and offers a perfect fit, ideal support, elasticity, breathability, protection and great comfort.
S.L.W.2 SYSTEM CLOSURE:
The speed lace system closure provides perfect hold for the feet and is functional and quickly to use: Simply open and close the shoe with a flick of the wrist. A large dial allows for precise tensioning of the wires. The shoes can be opened at once or in steps. For gradual release, you can push the little lever at the dial and for full release, you can lift the lever.
After having measured a large number of cyclists' feet, NORTHWAVE has developed shoes with a fit that promises best power transfer to the pedal. The toe area offers sufficient space, a slightly offset instep area and a special, close-fitting heel area keep the feet in the right position during each pedal stroke.